Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm in Jerusalem

I am in Jerusalem! I seriously cannot describe how it feels. Its pretty surreal right now... We got into the airport when I went through customs the guy checking my passport looked at me and then at the picture and shook his head indicating it didn't look like me and made me take my glasses off. Then nodded that it was me. It was pretty funny. The coolest thing was finally getting to the center. My room has a porch that has a gorgeous view of the city. We all watched the sunset over the city. I wish I could post pictures. Also we heard the Muslim prayers in the courtyard as we went to class. I was going crazy with anthro-nerd excitement (pretty great description huh?). Plus the internet was in Hebrew when I first opened it so that was kinda weird but exciting. Anyways I'm way Jet lagged so that's the synopsis of the day. essentially I gazed with a dropped jaw at one of the oldest, most desired cities in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment